With an estimated operating budget of $6.2 million, the Sheriff of Carteret County employs 52 full-time law enforcement officers and 30 civilian employees for a total of 82 full-time employees. Our employees are dedicated to lead the fight and partner with our citizens to secure and promote safety in our communities.
In our pursuit of excellence, the Office of Sheriff commits itself to performing its duties honorably while maintaining accountability by promoting responsible citizenship and respect for others. The Office of Sheriff will stand by all citizens in the pursuit of justice and represent our community with the integrity it deserves.
- Do everything within our power and authority to prevent criminal behavior.
- Make decisions consistent with legal and ethical standards to guarantee justice for all.
- Protect the constitutional rights of all persons.
- Treat all persons with dignity, respect, courtesy and compassion.
- We will always tell the truth.
- Hold all persons accountable for the reasonable consequences of their behavior.