The June 1 event will feature a panel discussion by subject matter experts who are engaged in battling this epidemic. Panelists will discuss prevention strategies, treatment options, law enforcement trends, and the impact this epidemic has had on families, businesses, and the community.
The forum will include state and county officials, local law enforcement officials, and substance abuse providers who are engaged in dealing with prescription opiate addiction in Carteret County. Panelists will provide the public with background information on the scope of the problem, discuss current and ongoing efforts that address the problem, and offer ways citizens can become involved in dealing with this issue.
- Asa Buck, Sheriff, Carteret County
- Scott Thomas, District Attorney, NC Prosecutorial District 3B
- Jimmy Farrington, Commissioner, Carteret County
- Steve Mange, North Carolina Attorney General’s Office
- Deanna Campbell, Southern Regional Director, Trillium Health Resources
- Dr. Jarod Cruthis, Director, Loaves and Fishes
- Don Mrdjenovic, CEO, Carteret Counseling Services
- Rich Chadwick, Counselor, LPC Addictions
- Dr. Maqsood Ahmed, Physician, LPC Addictions
- Ashley Guiendon, Recovering Treatment participant
Details of Event
Date: Thursday, June 1
Time: 6-8 pm (Doors open at 5:30 pm)
Location: Carteret Community College, Joslyn Hall
3505 Arendell St. Morehead City, NC 28557
Opiate addiction can strike any family. If you are a concerned citizen, suffer from this illness, or have family or friends who do, please feel join us with your questions, and help participate in finding answers.