General Visitor Rules & Regulations
Visitation is a privilege that can be restricted or denied at anytime. Visiting hours are restricted to specific times for specific areas in the jail facility. Inmates are allowed 1 visitation per week on their assigned day. For detailed information, consult the inmate visiting schedule at the jail facility operated by the Carteret County Sheriff’s Office by making contact with a jail booking representative at (252) 504-4832.
|Monday||A & B Block|
|Wednesday||D & E Block|
|Thursday||C Block *female|
- Due to limited visiting space, only three (3) adults or one minor supervised by a parent or guardian may visit during the weekly visiting period.
- Government-issued photo identification, such as a driver’s license, military identification, passport or state-issued ID card, must be presented by each adult visitor. Visitors who do not have proper identification will not be permitted to visit.
- Visitors must be appropriately dressed. Shoes, shirts and appropriate underclothing must be worn. Visitors wearing suggestive clothing, transparent fabric, short-shorts or mini-skirts will not be permitted to visit.
- Visitors will not be allowed to possess or use cellular telephones or tobacco products during visitation.
- Visitors will not be allowed to possess any bag (pocketbook, backpacks, etc.) during visitation.
- Juveniles under the age of 18 may visit an inmate if the visitor’s name is on the Visitor Approval List and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who must present either a birth certificate or court documentation showing appointment of legal guardianship. Minors must be supervised at all times by the parent or legal guardian.
- Visitors must remain in the assigned visiting room/area during the visit and will be denied further visitation if determined to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Visitors may not give anything to or take anything from an inmate.
- Proper behavior of all visitors is required.
- Visitors who are loud and disruptive, fail to control the behavior of their children or otherwise violate Carteret County Detention Center (CCDC) rules may be asked to leave and could be banned from future visits at the CCDC.
Professional visitors may visit inmates Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 5:00pm. Professional visitors include law enforcement officials (detectives, probation officers, etc.), legal representatives (attorneys, paralegals, etc.) and certain medical service providers.
Clergy Visits are permitted to visit inmates during special visiting hours. In order to be approved, you must present identification from the church you represent and a photo ID. You must call in advance of your visit and set up an appointment with a jail booking representative by calling (252) 504-4832.
Self-Reporting Inmates (Weekenders)
Self-reporting inmates (weekenders) on disciplinary restrictions and inmates who have not been classified are not eligible for social visitation.